- Researching a new city and getting a job there first, for months, living in cheap places
- Watching DIY on YouTube over and over so I could install my own sink and faucet and cabinets and other things, as people on my Instagram stories can see from time to time
- A soda stream so I do not have to lug soda bottles up to the 4th (5th US) floor, or always have to plan to take the empty bottles back to the supermarket for the deposit back--when the deposit machines recognize the bottles.. And I do like my diet soda after dinner. And a floor in this pre-war building is 10 feet tall. Although I miss being judgy when I see what bottles and how many people in line before for the machine bring back.
- Using the perk at my job to buy a yearly transport pass so I go to lakesides on sunny Sundays when you can't do anything in this country anyway because, seriously, only some gyms and restaurants are open and everything is dead
- Black-out curtains in my bedroom. That yes, I hung myself. I sleep like a log
- Making a breakfast in advance on Sunday that I totally love and I look forward to the night before and I get all this extra time in the morning
I am very happy, very relaxed, and I look pretty awesome. I am terrified about the future, but right now is OK.
no subject
Date: 2018-07-29 10:11 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2018-08-01 12:24 am (UTC)And congrats on all the DIY; I have such an eclectic kitchen that even the plumber admits it's kind of awful just to replace the faucet on the kitchen sink...
no subject
Date: 2018-08-07 08:51 am (UTC)